Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Day

Introducing our new family member, a cockatiel named Bilbo Baggins. My mother got given 6 cockatiels from her brother which she put in her outside avery. One of the birds had all his feathers and looked great, but all the others appear to have been getting their feathers plucked by this one bossy bird. So I have taken him to live in our loungeroom in a nice big cage, and it will be interesting to see how the 5 left in her avery now get on. He seems a little unsure, but seems to be settling in quite nicely.

I spent New Years Day knitting a new pair of socks, well only 1 sock and the cuff of the 2nd of the pair. I think I will have the pattern sorted enough to write out in the next few days.
While knitting I watched the entire Season 2 of Dexter. I love this show! I hadn't managed to see any of the episodes since it started airing, but I can't wait until Series 3 starts next thursday night :D

No comments: